a really good point that no one else talks about
Here’s the original Teardrop.
It’s a haunting and effective song with a creepy-ass video, musically it’s very simple but it leaves a strong impression with it’s hushy vocals and quiet air.
Here’s the shit they’re flogging for charity.
What the hell? Why is there RAP? Not even good rap either, gormless rap from blank looking idiots with accents from da streetz. Why does it sound like every song made since 2009, in which a drum machine goes on for about 4 minutes while a woman sings passionately except without emotion and thus, passion. Now it’s “inspirational” because Gary Barlow’s in it and they hired an orchestra. I feel like I should listen to it again to further criticise the worst idea possible but I can’t bring myself to watch that monstrosity again.
They raped a good song.
They raped that fetus.
(PS, people are arguing with me on YouTube and so trolling may commence - it’s fun!)
To try and entertain myself throughout Eurovision last night, I decided to rate each country’s act out of ten and compare my results to the finished results. I also decided to be very specific with my scores so I could rank them all in order without draws. Anything above 5 is a song I liked.
For no reason whatsoever, here are my scores.
- Italy - 8.7
- Switzerland - 8
- Germany - 7.8
- Moldova - 7.6
- Spain - 6.9
- Finland - 6.5
- Serbia - 6.3
- Estonia - 6.1
- Lithuania - 4.8
- Iceland - 4.7
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - 4.5
- Georgia - 4
- Azerbaijan - 3.8
- Denmark - 3.5
- Austria - 3.3
- Romania - 3.2
- Hungary - 3.1
- France - 3
- Russia - 2.6
- UK - 2.5
- Ukraine - 2.3
- Slovenia - 2
- Sweden - 1
- Ireland - 0.9
- Greece - 0.7
the sky AHAHAHAHAHAHA jk I’m indoors forever
To test this nonsense, here’s an outline of my day.
- Got up about 1 o’clock, ate breakfast and turned on TV.
- Realised only BBC channels worked and deduced that the big ass thunder and lightning last night may have struck the local TV mast.
- Attempted to locate missing channels, only deleted them from TV guide (oops).
- Watched Houses of Parliament coverage in an attempt to feel informed.
- Went to bedroom and watched a show called Diagnosis Murder, oddly enjoyable - may watch if it’s on again.
- Returned to television again to discover a movie called ‘Legend’. Thoroughly confused and terrified, watched until it ended - still didn’t understand what the hell had just happened. The only comfort was hearing Tim Curry’s voice behind heavy prosthetics.
- Turned on computer in order to find out what in the name of all that is holy I’d just seen.
Here’s approximately the point of the film where i started watching. Imagine this, only during daytime television and SHARE IN MY CONFUSION.
(The missing channels are back again, by the way.)